Traitor Guard in 7th edition

Treacherous followers of the Blood God. Cultists, Traitor Guard and Mutants

Traitor Guard in 7th edition

Postby Brass Claw on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

So back at the start of 6th edition I wanted Traitor guard for my Horde of Khorne army. With the allied rules I could make traitor supporters for my Worldeaters and Daemons or vice versa . This was finished list
1X7 Command Squad with plasma gun, lascannon team, 2 body guards, Grenadires Doctrine and Krak Grenades. Heroic Senior Officer with Power Axe pts 150
4X10 Veterans with 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, Grenadires Doctrine, Vet Sgt. with power axe and Chimera pts 800
3 Vendettas with 3 twin-linked lascannons pts 390
2 Griffons pts 150
1X3 Leman Russes with 3 Heavy Bolters pts 510

Then we got hit with both a new codex, which eliminate Griffons and raise the point of the Vendettas but also a new edition. Which changed the ally matrix. No more teaming up with Chaos Marines or Daemons

Or maybe you can....

So my khornate instincts usually tell me to shy away from psykers. But 7th edition has bought us the Demonology psychic discipline. So i thought, if i can bring daemons willingly, then I will Summon them. So here are the changes.

HQ
Command Squad with 2 Veteran with Lasguns, 1 Lascannon team, a Master of Ordnance and Company Commander with Carapace Armour
This unit from the previous edition need to be leaner, bodyguards were dropped in the codex, the plasma gun and the power axe. I added a Master of Ordnance to rain down shells, if get can get two or three good hits he golden. This unit role is to claim and objective and rain fire

2 Level 2 Primaris Psyker
So the newest edition to the army, these guys will join the Verterans and hopefully drop Bloodletters as they claim objectives

TROOPS
4X10 Veterans with 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, Grenadiers Doctrine and Chimera
Pretty much the same, had to drop the power axes to fit the psykers. 2 squads will get the psykers and there objective remains the same, claim forward objectives.

FAST ATTACK
2 Vendettas with 3 twin-linked lascannons
Vendettas got a price bump so 3 is now 2. Anti-tank is there role

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Wyverns
The the Griffon is gone from the codex and it got replaced by Wyvern, and i love the new Wyvern. Its an excellent horde buster

3 Leman Russ Battle Tanks with 3 heavy bolters
Role has remains the fire base unit that can take on both heavy and light infantry

LORD OF WAR
Shadowsword with one set of sponsons
Basically a Lord of War/ Death Star counter

So basically few changes, the addition of psykers to summon bloodletters for assault element and the new wyverns. I might not be able to ally with CSMs or Daemons, but i think i have a balance with these units
Last edited by Brass Claw on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brass Claw
Legionnaire

Re: Traitor Guard in 7th edition

Postby World Bleeder on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:26 pm

That is a sound solution to the fact that guard can't ally with Daemons or CSM any longer. That looks to be a pretty tough list, especially with the ShadowSword in there. Do you already have the new units built that you need? I'm very curious to hear how your games go.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Brass Claw on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm

No, I only have the Command Squad, 20 veterans without transports, and 2 Leman Russes. Which comes to about 665 out of 2500 points in the finale list. That is also not including the 1-3 bloodletter units I'm going to need.

I tend to build list backwards from most people. I start with the highest point value i want the army at (in this case 2500), then i cut 500pts to make my 2000pts list, another 500 for 1500pts, and 500pts for 1000pts list. That way in theory, i get more play time with most of my models.

This is the current goal at 1000pts

HQ
Command Squad with 2 Veteran with Lasguns, 1 Lascannon team, a Master of Ordnance and Company Commander with Carapace Armour and Power Axe pts 120

TROOPS
2X10 Veterans with 2 plasma guns, 1 flamer, Grenadiers Doctrine and Chimera with dozer blade Pts 360

FAST ATTACK
1 Vendetta with 3 twin-linked lascannons pts 170

HEAVY SUPPORT
2X1 Leman Russ Battle Tanks with 3 Heavy bolters and dozer blades pts 350
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do have an alternate 1K list which subs out a Russ for a squad of vets, but i can probably play with this list sooner.
Brass Claw
Legionnaire

Postby World Bleeder on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:39 am

that's a good way to work on an army in my opinion. It makes it less over whelming to work on it all. Building ally attachments is another good way I've found.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby darthbeats on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:03 pm

There is some really terrific info in here. Thanks for posting it, I have to get my Khorne army and IG allies all 7th editioned up for a game next weekend and after my first look at the new edition last week I almost dropped out, THANKS!
-beats
darthbeats
Legionnaire

Postby World Bleeder on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

Let us know how the games went

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Return to + THE LOST AND THE DAMNED +