Lawz420's WIP

All 40K & WHFB work and painting-in-progress threads

Re: Lawz420's WIP

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 am

a few hours in this evening , will get pics up tomorrow to finally show you guys what I have been working on , a few beserkers finsished , the next big building on it's way , an evil inquisitor and 10 more beserkers in process , oh yeah and that pesky forgeworld dp is hanging about .

will send pics on saturday .

cheers
Lawz
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm

as promised .. my recent work bench

so starting with the finsihed beserkers and inquisitor , all old school zerks with the removable arms

next is my dual sword weilding radical inquisitor for the Khornate guard army

and finally a couple of buildings I have been working on slowly , finally got them base coatded today and ready for the detail work
one little guy

and one massive mix of a few kits , I needed somthing to rival the size of the fortress of redemption so here it is

inside
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:23 pm

oh and what I was going ot enter for the last contest was trhese guys , but I was know where close to being finished or evne built , it is a whole bunch of helmetless beserkers

4 of them have the pfists from aobr termies converted to fit skull champions

Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Joah_from_Alberta on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:23 am

Very nice work. I especially like the Inquisitor (I'm somewhat envious). The red on the inside of the building is a bit much, but it's okay too. Keep up the work. I especially like your contest entry, I think you're one of the first to post their unfinished entry.

Cheers,
Joah_from_Alberta
Berzerker Champion

Postby World Bleeder on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm still catching up on reading posts from my vacation but I gotta say, I am envious of your gaming room. That looks fantastic. I'm going to have to show those pics to my wife (who I know is going to roll her eyes) that is a dream space.

I really like your old school bezerkers, such classics. That traitor Inquisitor is great too. Your red buildings work in a way I didn't expect them to with the rest of your scenery. Huge buildings, very cool.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Lawz420 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

been awhile since my last update , no pics but I'll let you guys in ion my deal

so hunting the wonderful world of craigslist ( whihc is a free listing for sale site here in canada and the us ) , I found a shoddy picture of a chaos army that had to be sold due to the fella getting married and the wife disapproving .

150.00 canadian ..I grabbed it the next day

added to my collection is a defiler , an old dred, 4 bikers to juggernaughts ,40csm , 5 raptors a blood thirster , 7 OLD school bloodletters, 5 old school fleshhounds cypher and abaddon.this is the section I am keeping .

sold off to a buddy is 11 old termies , and 21 beserkers ( I have 160 so I dont need more) for 50 .00 .

so the above all cost me 100.00 in the end it's about 640.00 cad for all of it so i figure this is a good deal , the only downside is they were all ;painted horribley so I went to work stripping and prioming over the weekend and now have lots to paint for the winter .

I am of to pick up my demon prince shortly with the money recouped fromt he sale so life is good .
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby World Bleeder on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

WOW! :shock: What a steal. Congrats on that find. I've never checked craigslist before for models. Maybe I should give it a go down here.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby Lawz420 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 am

well the wife is gone to portalnd and so is my camera so no pics yet , however I have a had a efw days to get thinsg done

a defiler and dred are half way thur painted a bloodthiorster , the FW herald, 5 fleshhounds, 2 bloodcrushers and 5 bloodletters are getting refinished , 34 marines with champs and heavy weapons are finsished and my contest entry is slowly coming along , .

as much as I miss the family not be around it sure is nice to have time to paint !
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby World Bleeder on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

Having the family away can be a great time to get a lot done on your army, if you can keep focused and motivated. I know when my family goes away to visit the grandparents I'm excited for the first day or two and then sometimes lose motivation.

Take advantage of the time. We're looking forward to updated pics when you get your camera back.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Previous

Return to + WORKS IN PROGRESS +