1850 Khorne Daemonkin List...

Army lists and discussion for the forces of Khorne

1850 Khorne Daemonkin List...

Postby Brninghalo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Here is my list using the Khorne Daemonkin codex. I am trying for the "horde" effect and think I have
succeeded.

Slaughter Cult:

Daemon Prince (Warlord), D. Flight, The Blood Forged Armor

16 Bloodletters, Champ, Icon w/Banner of Blood
16 Bloodletters, Champ, Icon w/Banner of Blood
16 Bloodletters

5 Possessed

War Engine:

1 Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent

Charnel Cohort:

Blood Throne, Locus of Wrath

16 Bloodletters, Instrument of Chaos
16 Bloodletters, Instrument of Chaos

8 Flesh Hounds

3 Bloodcrushers

The Blood Forged armor should help my Warlord Prince survive. I plan to start him on the table in Glide mode. I have had good results
moving him and using terrain until he's able to launch an assault.

The Soul Grinder and the full Charnel Cohort will be kept in Deep Strike Reserve. The special rules of the Charnel Cohort allow me to re-roll the Reserve roll for brining in the Bloodthrone (HQ) unit. Each Bloodletter unit from the Cohort will attempt to drag in the Flesh Hounds and the Bloodcrushers when they make their reserve rolls using the instruments. It is risky to base tactics on, but if I'm lucky, I can have the Bloodthrone arrive first, followed by the two Bloodletters squads arriving within 6" to avoid scatter and dragging in the hounds and crushers in a single turn. The Cohort does provide special wording that says units from the Cohort formation may DS w/o scatter from the HQ unit even if it arrived on the same turn (ie, it doesn't have to be on the table first).

In looking at this list as I type it, there are no characters that are lacking the 'Daemon' rule so that means no summoning/possessing DP's or BT's with this force. However, I think this will be a benefit as I can use the Blood Tithe points to help the army overall and since I'm not trying to amass 7 or 8, hopefully I can get them more quickly.

There is a real weakness if I face an Imperial Knight or a Flyer heavy army. I may tweek it to add in something with
more anti tank capabilities but for now, this is what I will try out.

All comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Brninghalo
Blood Confessor

Re: 1850 Khorne Daemonkin List...

Postby Arbaal on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 am

sounds nice, but i wouldnt use such bis units. 8 is enough imho.
that is because the blood tithe. unit dies, you get points = more fun stuff! ;)
smaller units die faster. i would also include cultists as sacrificial units.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Postby Brninghalo on Mon May 04, 2015 11:57 pm

I do see the logic in that. And many of the lists I see posted online have the smaller units
in them. I guess I am trying to work out how to get as much out of the units in my initial list
as possible before they die. I don't want to pay " x " points for a unit of 8 Bloodletters or 8 Cultists
just so they can die to give me a Blood Tithe point. I would like for them to do something in the game
before they die...because we all know, they are going to die.

I can certainly revisit the list and take a couple of the larger squads and break then down into the smaller
units and use them as sacrificial screens for the larger units. Definitely a lot to consider when building a
Daemonkin force.

Thanks,
Tom
Brninghalo
Blood Confessor

Postby Arbaal on Tue May 05, 2015 12:34 am

there´s also the point taking, to give the opponent more to shoot at. as far as i have read some tactics, the rightly feared D-cannons for example almost kill one unit per turn. if it is a smaller unit, it doesnt hurt that much.
but that would be too much tactic-talk. i am not that much back into 40k yet, to have a serious opinion about that. i perfectly understand your point by taking bigger units, cus in FB i also take bigger units, having found my favoured size of 25 models as optimum. i have to say, that i dont play skaven or gobbos, where units would be bigger of course, but with my highelves, some guys can die on the way to the enemy and still do some damage once they are there and get at least a bit of a rank bonus. but that´s a bit offtopic... ;)
with my WoC i didnt play any game until now, so i am not sure if 25 wasnt too expensive, but when 9th hits the stores we will see what happens.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!
Arbaal
the Undefeated, Destroyer of Khorne

Return to + ARMY LISTS +