vs the ultra marines of macragge

Boast of your glorious victories upon the tabletop battlefield!

vs the ultra marines of macragge

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks for the luck , it appears the blood god favored us last night.

First a small breakdown of our apoc campaign .

every one is assigned a planet and 1-4 moons, each planet has a number ( my planet is number 8 hazaa) that corresponds to the army/armies that inhabit that planet.

then we get out the bingo balls that all have the numbers of each planet that is ready to game that night ( in this case there was 2 tau, 1 nurgle, 1 khorne, ultramarines, IG tank company, orks and the lovable Kroot)

the first ball selected is the attacker who uses some sort of old warp jump technology to attack the second ball pulled , the attacker gets first turn , but must set up within 12 inches of three seperate jump markers , the defender can seize the inititiave.

MY pull came 08 attacks 69 ( the ultramarines) , John , my opponent requested a BIG game so we decided on 5000 points , for an objective I jokingly said lets play to the pain , .... he agreed , the game would simply go untill no model was left or someone had taken a sound enough beating to give in ...

seeing as they are 5000 point lists I will only touch base on the contents and let the batrep pictures do the work.

the Ultramarines feilded alot of smurfs, marneus calgar, 3 redeenmer pattern landraiders , 3 preds ( 2 las, 1 ac) a smurf baneblade( still some modelling to be done on this) , a full assault squad , scouts + sgt tellion, razorbacks out the yang , 2 dev squads , a full unit of stern guard and all the hope that his planet would not fal to the powers of khorne ( he actually blessed his dice before the game ... always a good chuckle those imperialist scum.

The worldeater/demon force , was small to start out but packed alot of damage from dropping in
Kharn , leading 4 sqauds of beserkers w /pfists with one squad in rhino, 5 obies, a las/cc dread , 8 raptors with meltas and mok, 8 termies w combi meltas and reaper ac and mok, defiler brass scorpion and a tower of skulls.

the demon contingent had skulltaker, a bloodthirster tooled out , 2 8 man bloodletter squads, a soul grinder( a quiet star) , 2 bloodcrushers w/rending, a khornate demon prince , and a tzeentch demon prince ( for spawning spawn ! )

Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Re: vs the ultra marines of macragge

Postby World Bleeder on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Wow a 5000 point game verses smurfs. I can't wait to hear how it turns out.
A good leader inspires by example but if that fails brutal violence works just as well.

World Bleeder
Lord Commander

Postby birdie on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:10 pm

World Bleeder wrote:Wow a 5000 point game verses smurfs. I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Me neither! my 500pt battle last night with Imperial Fists pales in comparison :oops:
Gone.................but not forgotten

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Turn 1 this would be little happening as we selected a 12 long by 6' wide table with city fight terrain and went table quarters from the central building.
Initial deplyment worldeaters

deployment of ultramarines

turn one worldeaters would see me move up the the edges of the building runnoing everything I had , I took a few pot shots at smurfs in the buildings causing no damage

turn one smurfs brought nothing but a long range hail of missles and baneblade shots all missing there mark or falling just out of range due to the generals caution .

the marines standing strong for somthing to come into range .... little did they know ....

Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:27 pm

The bloody history begins....

worldeaters turn 2 .. I roll for what demons will enter we get 2 demon princes a bloodthrister and a soul grinder ( my new best friend)
everything else runs up to join, a few minor victory shot take the odd marine , the Khorne dp dropped right below the scouts , the changers dp landed behind the missle launching smurfs on the roof , the bloodthirster appeared in the middle of the smurfs lines and the soul grinder appeared oppisite side , nothing scattered ( BFTBG ! )

allthough my demons are not great shooters, they picked off one scout and glanced the smurf vindicator.

the warp bled terror straight in front of them.

Turn 2 Smurfs
the marines rallied , unloading all there troops into firing lines , they aimed everything at killing the closer demonic foes , with all in line and targets picked the marine player said " ok this unit ios going to shoot at" " WAIT " I said, at this point I revealed my strategy from apoc reloaded .

The Bloodthirster used the bloodrage of khorne rolling 27 inch total , so all units of s/m that are not vehicles had to fleet and assault that turn rather than shoot . hazaa 45 marines dancing towards c/c . (I admit to giggling quite a bit here sorry guys)

However , we decided since it does not say compulsory movment for sm he unlaoded all his shoots with vehicles before he moved the space marines to run . Thus ended the glory of the Bloodthirster.

hwoever the soulgrinder and the Tzeentch DP were going to be engaged in an assault this turn ,

the soulgrinder tied up a ten man squad , however the tzntch DP fell to the might of a hidden pfist and a ful;l squad , only killing 2 ( I knew I should have left other gods out of this)

the marines regroup after killing the changer's prince
Last edited by Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Skyzerker on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Stupid smurfs. I hope you gave them the pounding of their lives! :twisted:
Sanity... ...is for the WEAK!

Brave are the deeds
Of fallen victorious
Never forgotten
Lonely are the glorious
Skyzerker
Daemonhost

Postby birdie on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Skyzerker wrote:Stupid smurfs. I hope you gave them the pounding of their lives! :twisted:

It's starting to look that way, they've underestimated Khorne :twisted:
Gone.................but not forgotten

birdie
Reaper Terminator

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Turn 3 worldeaters

OH MY
wel due to apoc ruels EVERYTHING else rolled on , demons, tower of skulls , extra beserkers etc , the massive tower of skulls fired out anhilating a razorback and 4 marines on the other side the obie's blew off the vindicators cannon and the beserkers + kharn finally ran to the enimies side of the table , the sougrinder continued to mash thngs up and the brass scorpion unloaded a hail of bullets eliminating a vindicator squad and killing a dread , the khorne demon prince jumped onto the roof wiping the scouts down to 2 men, various other small firefight left the marines with a small taste of hope as their final reserves were about to roll in as well.

The Ultramarines , now faired some hope from the belly of emporor , 3 redeemer landraiders loaded with assault termies and marneus calgar himself rolled on beside the brass scorpion. sternguard came on beside skull taker and his bloodletters unloading a hail of poisoned bulltes droppping the entire squad , raptors went down completley to the redeemers heavy flamers( man those are nasty) , for the first time the marines surged forward killing demons , beserkers and imobilzing my speedy rhino. with marneus , hope had been regained and the marines beleived victory was at hand , even assault marines were brave enough to deepstrike right into the beserkers.

in the termies assault they lost one to the scorpion , however they managed to break off a leg , the demonic possession allowed the engine to push back the termies as it's sights settled on the baneblade...

Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Turn 4
The tide turns , the blood flows ....

from here on in it was a slaughter
the scorpion moved up to the bane blade dmaging it;s drive and wiping out the lascannon sponsons, the beserkers reached the first dreadnaugt and space marines disembowling them all , the tower of skulls wiped out every sternguard on the table with it;s main gun and blasted 2 razorbacks to peices with the skullreaper cannons. Kharn disappeared into the flames of a redeemer( epicily failing to damage it) , beserkers wiped out the termies to a single man and the assault marines learned to never jump ino the middle of a horde of beserkers , to seal the deal , the rhino restarted with a 6 leaving my opponent overwhelmed.

For the ultramarines , kharn was burned to crisp( let's hope Khorne still favours him) , desperate on all fronts , the bane blade reare'd up and blasted it demolisher cannon at short range into the brass scorpion , thus a 12 inch apocolyptic explosion took out ally and enemy alike , also destorying a nearby building . with hope slipping the last termie fell , the predators despratley fired into the tower of skulls doing nothing to it;s almost invulnrable armor.
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Postby Lawz420 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:14 pm

turn 5 , 6 and 7

Hope is lost

the next few truns went by fast , the soul grinder moved into the baneblade causing enough to disable the engines , no big explosion but the warmachine fell , the termies reached assault range and the last beserkers were picked up by the rhino and sent speeding across the table to et the predator , marneus calgar made a vicious assault on the beserkers that killed his termie buddies , and wiped them out , the dread moved forward killing a land raider and the beserkers amongst the main ranks wiped threw yet another tac sqaud and dreadnaught , the blood letter wiped down to 4 men finally hit the spacemarines and killed the flank opposing the termies.

at turn 7 end my opponent was left with marneus with one wound , an immobilized pred about to be assaulted , 1 LR redeemer and a weaponless pred , oh and 3 tac marines in what used to be a building I on the other hand still had
Tower of skulls, a soul grinder missing a cc weapon, 20 beserkers , 8 termies , a las cc dread , the darn rhino and 4 obie's

The marines unable to take any more admitted defeat

all togehter skulls taken 62- I could have had 66 but the opponent gave up ( this doesn't count crews ofcourse :twisted: )
Last edited by Lawz420 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blood for the Blood God
Lawz420
Warrior Champion

Next

Return to + BATTLE REPORTS +